I will pay for help with game

I know this sounds bad but , I really want to
start making games . My problem is I work 12
hours a day and I do not get much time to read alot. I spent two years of every free time I had learning C++, plus along the way
I messed around with java. I Bought a book
Opengl game programming and have read most of it and I can draw cubes and other stuff.
Also my problem with the book is that it is
for win32 and I am currently using MFC because I really dont like spending my free time writing a lot of code on just making a window etc. but I know how. What i am looking for is for some one to help guide me through the process using VC++ and mfc. The
game I am wanting to make is just a 2d dirt bike game ( side scroller) with some jumps
and , also I will just use a paint program to draw the bike and the guy and maybe the
jumps. The game could just be stick figures
for all I care. The purpose is to get a good start . It has to be C++ no C and Classes not
structs , the reason is (OOP). I want a one to one base , I would just email you with questions . the pay would be $50.00 a month
and you can stop any time you want! So if you have free time and want to help me please reply.

Thanks

Maybe trying to use MFC has been your problem, graphics programming can be complex enought without the complex nature of MFC.

With library’s like GLUT, FMOD, SDL, etc; you can start programming game stuff without worring about all the extra windows stuff not needed for making a game.

And OPP is over hyped IMHO, and can be very confusing for the beginer.

Not sure what you mean by one to one base…

Originally posted by flyer:
[b]I know this sounds bad but , I really want to
start making games . My problem is I work 12
hours a day and I do not get much time to read alot. I spent two years of every free time I had learning C++, plus along the way
I messed around with java. I Bought a book
Opengl game programming and have read most of it and I can draw cubes and other stuff.
Also my problem with the book is that it is
for win32 and I am currently using MFC because I really dont like spending my free time writing a lot of code on just making a window etc. but I know how. What i am looking for is for some one to help guide me through the process using VC++ and mfc. The
game I am wanting to make is just a 2d dirt bike game ( side scroller) with some jumps
and , also I will just use a paint program to draw the bike and the guy and maybe the
jumps. The game could just be stick figures
for all I care. The purpose is to get a good start . It has to be C++ no C and Classes not
structs , the reason is (OOP). I want a one to one base , I would just email you with questions . the pay would be $50.00 a month
and you can stop any time you want! So if you have free time and want to help me please reply.

Thanks[/b]

He means he pays you 50 a month to ask you questions and you give answers.

I think, personally, that you should try and hone your research skills - starting with google. This is probably the most important skill a programmer can have these days

If you have specific questions, you can feel free to e-mail me with them and I’ll answer them as best I can or at least point you to some resources that might help. And there’s no need to pay me. I enjoy teaching new programmers that truly want to learn.

As do I. E-mail me anytime you want at ivan.milles@home.se