how to install EXT_texture3D

please tell me how to do for suppting GL_texture3D i have 1.3.1 version and gforce2 and i want some exemple of volume image to run.
i m waiting for your answers.

The extension load mechanism is OS dependent.
In windows you would use wglGetProcAddress(“glTexImage3D”);

I don’t think you will have hardware support for 3d textures on GF2. Expect it to be slow.

To use the 3D-Textures on a GeForce2 you need a special tool that emulates GeForce3-Features in software on those cards.

You can get that tool and a special driver on nvidia’s developer page, but expect it to be very very slow (you won’t get more than 1 or 2 fps for smaller 3D-Textures).

Originally posted by PanzerSchreck:
To use the 3D-Textures on a GeForce2 you need a special tool that emulates GeForce3-Features in software on those cards.

3D texturing has been a part of the core, and therefore required to be supported, since OpenGL 1.2, so you don’t need any “special tool” to get it.

@Bob : GL_EXT_texture3d may be a corefeature of OpenGL1.2, but it’s not natively supported on GeForce2 and lower due to lack of hardwarefeatures.

if you follow this link : http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=GL_EXT_texture3D you can see that GL_EXT_texture3d is only supported on GeForce2 under the name “Buzz”, which stands for the NV30-Emulation-Tool that you can grab at Nvidias-Developerpage.

Sure, the extension is only exposed in the extension string (and probably the functions too) if you enable the emulation, but you can still use it without emulation as it’s a part of the core.