PDA

View Full Version : DIB loading

05-11-2001, 10:20 AM
I have this problem running my win32/gl application. Error is "A required .DLL file, GLAUX.DLL was not found". I've gone looking everywhere (Internet, my hard drive...)for this file (and even glaux.lib, if it exists...).

Basically, I just want to load a bitmap for a texture. I'm using the tutorial from nehe.gamedev.net lesson 6. The author's source code include a .dsp and .dsw file. Mentions about glaux and something about makefiles. (I've always had trouble with makefiles, experience with unix)

My compiler is Dev-C++ (and no, the file(s) aren't in the lib nor include folders...) Somebody please help me... sleepless nights... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif Thanks.

Deiussum
05-11-2001, 10:58 AM
glaux.dll doesn't exist, at least not for most systems. The glaux.lib that comes with most windows compilers is a static library, not an import library into a DLL. I think there might have been a post about this one other time. Try doing a search on it here. Maybe someone has put together a glaux.dll for users of Dev-C++. I think there was a solution offered, but I don't remember what it was.

iss
05-18-2001, 05:52 PM
glaux came on older VC installs. It's quite buggy and has been superceded.