msvc stalls when compiling opengl program

Has anybody else had any problems with msvc crashing after compiling and running an opengl program over and over. For instance, after i run and compile my opengl app 2-3 times, on the 4th time it stalls at “Linking” and I have to shut it down and restart, and when I do it had already compiled the new .exe file. It’s very strange. I’ve reinstalled msvc over and it doesn’t do it for a while, but after a few weeks it does it again. Anybody experienced this?

Make sure your OpenGL program is exiting correctly.

Use the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to list all processes and I’ll bet that after a few runs you have several copies of your program running. You can kill these manually, but you will need to exit gracefully to produce working software.

I don’t think it’s that. I know it exits correctly, i think it’s just msvc. Because msvc does the same thing on almost all my opengl programs, and even a few non-opengl apps. I just wasn’t sure if it was because something having to do with compiling the opengl libraries, or what.

Maybe you should to consider reinstalling your whole system from scratch and not only MSVC.

That would suck, but it would be my final option.