Win98 --> Win2K and OpenGL

I have just upgraded my Win98 box to Win2000, and now my OpenGL programs will not work.

When I try to run the .exe, my window appears, but no contents of my OpenGL program are rendered. The content of the window created is whatever is lying behind that window when it is created, and if moved that does not change.

I have updated my Creative Labs Annihilator 2 MX drivers with the most update on Creative’s site, and I have also tried Nvida’s newest drivers with no success.

Has anyone else experience this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

This is common problem, when upgrading system. If you can… try formating your C: or whatever, and installing W2000 to empty mashine. I guess, this should help.

Just a minute, before formating c:

I haven’t heared of this problem and for me everything works fine on W2K. Just a couple of questions:
Do you use glut? Do the standard examples coming with glut run as they should? If you’re using your own window management you could try some simple demos using CreateWindow etc. (I think NeHe had some samples for that) and compare them to your init code.

I have a sample project that my instructor gave me from class, (I am enrolled in a Graphics I class).

As far as glut goes, I downloaded a zip of files (this is off the top of my head b/c i’m not at home) glut32.dll, glut.lib, and another. It was working on my 98 before I upgraded which leads me to believe I do have all of the necessary glut files.

Download the glut source distribution on http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/glut/index.html and try some of the simple examples (e.g. those in progs\examples).

>>>>>>This is common problem, when upgrading system. If you can… try formating your C: or whatever, and installing W2000 to empty mashine. I guess, this should help.<<<<

This is common? Plus your solution is not related to opengl.
The person should install his drivers if he hasn’t done so already (get the drivers from nvidia and not creative labs).
Second, run other peoples code and maybe games like quake.
Third, try software mode. The FAQ has info on this.

V-man