linked with the missing Export-GLUT32.DLL:__glutCreateWindowExit.

i use win98 and microsoft visual studio 6.0 enterprise.
i first download the glut libs and the gluts dll’s from version 3.6 and move the files in the correct folders.
then i inlude the needing files and compile a short test programm. the compiling was correct, but when i start my compiling file, a error come:

the file GDV3.EXE(my exe file) is linked with the missing Export-GLUT32.DLL:__glutCreateWindowExit.

i hope i translated this error correct. for german people:

Die Datei GDV3.exe verknüpft mit dem fehlenden Export-GLUT32.DLL:__glutCreateWindowExit.

You’ve a older version of Glut. Try to find a more recent one.

Originally posted by Tardan:
[b]i use win98 and microsoft visual studio 6.0 enterprise.
i first download the glut libs and the gluts dll’s from version 3.6 and move the files in the correct folders.
then i inlude the needing files and compile a short test programm. the compiling was correct, but when i start my compiling file, a error come:

the file GDV3.EXE(my exe file) is linked with the missing Export-GLUT32.DLL:__glutCreateWindowExit.

Die Datei GDV3.exe verknüpft mit dem fehlenden Export-GLUT32.DLL:__glutCreateWindowExit.[/b]

Originally posted by Tardan:

I have the same trouble. I use glut37 and gives the same problem. I tested the glut32.dll and lib with Devcpp4 and lcc with the same result. It has something to do with exit hack. I tried putting #define GLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK in one of my header, but same results. Read the glut.h header and find out about exit hack.

[b]i use win98 and microsoft visual studio 6.0 enterprise.

Die Datei GDV3.exe verknüpft mit dem fehlenden Export-GLUT32.DLL:__glutCreateWindowExit.[/b]

Probably you are linking with the glut32.lib v3.7 library but you’ve the glut32.dll v3.6. Copy the glut32.dll v3.7 in your working directory or winxx\system32.

Originally posted by chicho:

I don’t use glut32.dll v3.6. The glut32.dll v3.7 is definitely copied in the system32. Do note that 3 or 4 functions with some __exit appended to the function name seems to be the ones giving trouble. The rest of the functions on glut32.dll seems to work. Because of undefined error during linking, program won’t compile to exe. The forum on Devcpp seems to talk about having the same problem. I think glut32.dll v3.7 was designed for MSVC only. When I compile my program with glut32.dll v3.6 on my other computer, it works.

Probably you are linking with the glut32.lib v3.7 library but you’ve the glut32.dll v3.6. Copy the glut32.dll v3.7 in your working directory or winxx\system32.