OpenGL for Dos?

Is there an OpenGL SDK avaible for dos? I can’t seem to find any…

thx

Hi !

I don’t think so ;o)

But I belive it should be possible to use Mesa (with a dos extender maybe) and use the OSMesa functions to render to an off screen buffer and then copy the result to the screen, but this is of course software only rendering, maybe there is support for this already, I am not sure.

Mikael

Uhh… heh heh heh… to put it simply: it would be better to write your own 3D renderer… basically, OpenGL will work under total DOS when hell turns into heaven. :stuck_out_tongue: Mesa is no better afaik. Unless you just want to do this from a commnd box from within Windows or something, you will get nowhere in trying to do this.

Dos is old, so I don’t know why anyone would want to use OpenGL under it

Mesa will in fact compile under DOS with DJGPP. Just search the various DJGPP mailing lists. There is not hardware acceleration, unfortunately.

With respect to “why use DOS”, by not being a multitasking operating system it offers greater control of timing. Some folks have this need without resorting to of OSes like
QNX.

Originally posted by tmp:
[b]Mesa will in fact compile under DOS with DJGPP. Just search the various DJGPP mailing lists. There is not hardware acceleration, unfortunately.

With respect to “why use DOS”, by not being a multitasking operating system it offers greater control of timing. Some folks have this need without resorting to of OSes like
QNX.[/b]

For DOS??
Are you OK? ;{
Try the MESA ,but …