request stereo opengl help

Hi I am using borland builder 5 (not using the glut) and have produced a small stereo demo app that opens a window and has a rotating cube in stereo

i have a small problem.
1 have 2 systems, 1 runs a quadro card, the other a wildcat 2 5000. Both run fine with stereo apps using an open inventor sample, so im sure both support correct opengl quad buffer stereo.

I wrote a sample demo app for myself, opens a opengl stereo window with a rotating cube. It comes up fine on the quadro system, but just a black window on the wildcat system.

If i set both systems to mono, i get a window with 2 visible cubes (in mono ofcourse as it should be), but only a black window on the wildcat when its in stereo mode.

I think it has something to do with pixelformatdescriptor settings used to initialise the opengl window. Do you know if there is a standard to ensure stereo compatability across stereo capable grpahics cards. What flags do you set ?

I just remebered, i dont have any lights enabled, but i think opengl inserts a deault light, but of course if it is s light problem, i should have it on both machines in mono as well ?

Also the quadro is running on win XP, and the wildcat on win2000

any advice appreciated.

thanks

Peter

You can query for stereo before you init it to check it is being supported correctly, other issues we found were with making sure the card and display/glasses sync properly before entering stereo. I could send you an app to try if you want.

but stereo is not my problem at the moment,

my problem is that i get a black window, when i run my app on a stereo setup wildcat 5000, but if i run the same app in mono, at least i get the cube visible, pluss which the same app runs fine instereo on a quadro vga card.

I know the wildcat is setup correctly becasue other open inventor stereo apps work fine. Im trying to figure out, what do i have to do to activate an app that works fine on both units. At the moment this has nothig to with syncing glasses, my problem is i get a black window, instead of a rotating cube

Originally posted by Gavin:
You can query for stereo before you init it to check it is being supported correctly, other issues we found were with making sure the card and display/glasses sync properly before entering stereo. I could send you an app to try if you want.

These are problems we have had on strereo supported cards.

oh ok, if youve come across this black screen thing before and have a test app, please email it to me, and if you can, can you supply source code so i can see what flags you use in the pixelformatdescriptor structure to enable the viewport used. At this moment im convinced the problem lies there, on how the opengl viewport is activated, becasue i notice on the wildcat, it supports multiple layers and buffers. I think this is where the problem lies

thanks

Originally posted by Gavin:
These are problems we have had on strereo supported cards.