Generating a GIF file with OpenGL graphic in VC++

Hi,
could somebody show me some code example about generating a gif file feom an OpenGL graphic in VC++

Thanks a lot.

Cuba Ramos

First, you have to license the GIF lz compression code from Unisys. I have a feeling you don’t feel like spending the thousands of dollars to do this.

Use bitmaps or JPEG’s, or better yet, use bitmaps and then use a 3rd party tool to convert it to a GIF.

Siwko

I guess you don’t need the lisence until you wanna sell something ) I mean, there will always be illegal information about gif format

Being there, done that and got the scares.

If you plan to write GIF files in ANY form, the license fee is AT LEAST 50 US Cent per copy.

I adivce to use the PNG fileformat instead it is none lossy, supports an alpha channel (transperency) , and SHOULD be suppored by any 4.X browser (it is based on the ZIP compression, insread of the LZW compression).

The decission when it is nessary to pay the licence fee, can only be done by a lawyer.

Since I am not a laywer you should contact one, and ask him if it is legal for YOU and YOUR project to WRITE Gif files, otherwise be prepaired to be law suit.

At least what I am thinking,

Regards,

LG

I would still like to see an answer to this. Either actually generating a .gif or .jpg or .bmp file programatically from an OpenGL genereated scene/image.
Thanks,
Bob
:confused