Point's coordiantes in a *.txt file

hi,
I would like to know if it’s possible to create a 3D object with a 3D Software and then save the coordinates of the object’s points in a *.txt file to obtain for instance something like that in the *.txt file:

1.0, 1.0, 0.0
0.0, 1.0, 0.0

(or it could be something else…)

if it’s possible , with what software and how to do?..

thanks very much…

ps: sorry for my english wich is very bad

Most modelling programs have some kind of ASCII (text) export. However, not many are as simple as that - they usually have some text around the data, to define what it is (e.g. vertices, texture coordinates etc.).

You may want to look at .ASE files (exportable from 3DS MAX) or I think Maya exports to .OBJ which are also text.

-Mezz

you can easely import ASC files.

thanks for you reponse…I’ve thaught about to use fopen() to exploit the point’s coordinate…I’ve installed (on MacOSX) Maya 3.5 PLE (the free version)and I can’t save my file with an other extention than *.mp…

can i do what i want with blender3D?

thanks again…

nobody can help me?

please!!!i need help…

Every modeller has script: LScript for Lightwave, MaxScript for 3D Studio Max…
Use the modeller script to export the data you want to a file(usually text but can be binary file too).

thanks for the answer…

how I’ve got to do? and my problem is that i don’t know where to find a soft such as LightWave…I’me now working on MacOSX…

On maya are the export tools not available becuse of your ‘trial’ version?

i can only save my files as *.mp…

You asked about blender : the best method to export thing the way you want in blender (as in every other scriptable modeler) is to use an exporter script in python.
Ive put an exemple of such a python script for blender on my website : rixed.free.fr