'glePolyCylinder' : undeclared identifier

I met this error message when compiling:

‘glePolyCylinder’ : undeclared identifier

what could be the problem, any idea?
if you know the answer please tell me in more detail, because it seems i have GLUT and everythiing supposed to have.
Thanks

Is glePolyCylinder a routine you have created?

I have never see that command???

Originally posted by beginner620824:
[b]I met this error message when compiling:

‘glePolyCylinder’ : undeclared identifier

what could be the problem, any idea?
if you know the answer please tell me in more detail, because it seems i have GLUT and everythiing supposed to have.
Thanks[/b]

Hi:

Check this site. If you can make it running in Windows, please come back to me http://linas.org/gle/

I think you have this problem fixed…but just to point it out: The error in this post is because you didn’t include the header file. THe error in the other post you made is because you didn’t link the library.

• Halcyon

Use the GLUT distribution to get GLE and look at the sample GLE programs in folder

glut 3_7_6\glut-3.7.6-src\glut-3.7.6\progs\gle

to figure out how to set up a GLE program. Just use that website for documentation purposes.

If you have the VC++ compiler, you are really in luck, backup one level and double click on the GLE workspace, gle.dsw.

By the way the include file you need is tube.h and the library file is gle.lib

Hi,
Thank you all first.

if I don’t put #pragma comment (lib, “gle”) on the top
it says: cylinder.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gleSetJoinStyle
cylinder.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glePolyCylinder
as you have already known.
if I do it says something new to me:
Linking…
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in LIBCD.lib(dbgheap.obj)
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in LIBCD.lib(dbgheap.obj)
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _realloc already defined in LIBCD.lib(dbgheap.obj)
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib “MSVCRTD” conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Debug/cylinder.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

Obviously it has already found gle.lib.
I tried to put it in a different place than the above mentioned file(while change the lib searching path setting for VC++)
but it can never find it.
By the way, i only found the built debug version lib ->“gled.lib” but not “gle.lib”,
so i changed the name to “gle.lib” and copy it to where VC++ knows to search.

hi,

i made it after alot try.
In short i cann’t put it anywhere under …\vc\lib, so i moved it to somwhere far away from it and tell the compliler by adding one lib path at tool->option->dir->lib.

Thank you all for help, your messages are all great helpful.