linker problem

i have an error during linking.
it is said “unresolved external symbol” but i have put opengl32.lib glut32.lib glu32.lib
in object/library modules,i have also copied this lib files in lib directory,glu.h… into include dir and opengl32.dll glut32.dll glu32.dll in \windows\system.
thanks for your help

And just what was the exact error message? It might be looking for another lib, but since you didn’t specify what the actual error message was, can’t really help.

sorry
the error is

Linking…
accum.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___glutInitWithExit@12
accum.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___glutCreateWindowWithExit@8
Debug/accum.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

accum.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

thanks

That’s a problem linking in glut. Make sure you put the glut32.lib file in your library path too. Since you are using glut, the glut.h will actually add the libraries to the project for you like so…

#pragma comment(lib, opengl32.lib)
// and the other libraries similarly…

Should have also mentioned that it could be a problem with having a different version of header vs. library. Since you didn’t get unresolved externals on other glut functions you should have used, that is probably the case. make sure you download the latest versions. (There is a link to them from the main site somewhere.)