Motion blur

I want to create a motion blur effect with the accumulation buffer and without a new 3d card as Voodoo 5 or GeForce 2.

I read in the red book that is possible but I can’t get it without seeing the intermediate images …

Is there any tutorial on this effect?

I need help please.

Draw the images onto the back buffer of a doubled buffered OpenGL context and grab them from there.
Using the redbook and GLUT samples as a basis should be straightforward.
Look for glDrawBuffer and glReadBuffer calls.

thx 4 ur help, i did it but it’s desperatly slow due to the fact that my 3d card doesn’t have a hardware accumulation buffer, so I can’t go over 2 fps with only two samples to create the final image …

i gonna wait for a new 3d card …

You are definently right about the Accumulation buffer. Any time you use that on a consumer based card (and even most high end workstation cards) be prepared for slowness. 3Dfx new voodoo 5500 has a different buffer called the T buffer. While I have never personally used it the powers that be say it is fast. This T buffer is basically a wimpy accumulation buffer that blends combines images as it goes rather than the more powerful accumulation stage that a true accumulation buffer offers. I know that there was a demo of Quake3 with motion blur on the Tbuffer so it must work.

Just thought I’d share what I know about this.