Typical 3D accelerators: integer or floating-point...which most efficient?

As far as maximum performance (i.e. in a game) is concerned, what will yield the best results on a typical 3D accelerator using OpenGL: the integer or floating-point versions of such routines as glVertex, glColor, etc.? Thanks!

To be honest, i am not sure, but i think integer ones are suppose to be faster. But on the other hand floats are more precise then ints. So even though integer ones will run a bit faster it wont be as precise as ints. For example 0.4 will be interpreted as 0 and 0.5 as 1.

hope it helps

[This message has been edited by Akash (edited 08-08-2001).]

I read on this forum once that OGl uses floats internally.

If thats the case then floats will be the fastest as there won’t have to be any conversions.

since OpenGL uses floats internally and uses floats for pin-point accuracy, you should DEFINITELY use floating points. it will be very accurate, and haveing to convert to integers at every turn will turn PAC-MAN into PAC-SNAIL. so use floats for all graphics commands, and ints for anything else (ie bullets, lives, etc)

Thanks a bunch. Althought I’ve been using OpenGL for quite a while, I was unsure on that one. Thanks!