Your opinions for e-Commerce solution

Hello,
I am required to develop an e-Commerce web site for a clothing company. As a requirement this site must provide facility for users to enter custom sizes for pants, and then a 3D graphic should be dynamically generated previewing the pants in the appropriate dimensions as entered by the user.
I have never had to develop a 3D graphic component before, and a colleague of mine has suggested using OpenGL. I was wondering what the opinions of others were? Do OpenGL components plug into web sites easily? Can anyone point me in the direction of some useful code/tutorials that may be of assistance with this project?

Many thanks in advance…

Hi !

There are a number of ways to do it.

You can use an ActiveX control with OpenGL support (huhhh!!!) or you could use a Java applet with OpenGL but that’s trucky to it will require both java and OpenGL support for java and that could mean security mess.

I think there are a few plugins available that support limited 3D support and VRML support if that might be of any help.

But the truth is it is a bit messy to get OpenGL in a web application, at least if you want it to run on most browsers.

Mikael