Help starting with OpenGL!!!

When I try to run my program I get two errors:

1. error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup

2. fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Can someone help me please step by step so I can get this thing working. This is my first time running OpenGL and after I followed someone’s explanations I am getting stuck with these errors.

Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention I use Windows XP, on Visual Studio .NET 2003 enviroment. It would be greatly appriciated if someone would show me how to link and run first program I have downloaded the library files already and also send three key files to their appropriate directories but I don’t know why I am not being able to run my first program. Thanks again.

Look’s like a build error durring the linking of your library files.

Are you compiling a using the Microsoft windows API or using something like the GLUT api?

If you are using a GLUT based openGL program, try changing in your project settings for the program to a console based program not a windows API.

Originally posted by <User>:
[b]When I try to run my program I get two errors:

1. error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup
  1. fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Can someone help me please step by step so I can get this thing working. This is my first time running OpenGL and after I followed someone’s explanations I am getting stuck with these errors.

Thanks in advance.[/b]

I use GLUT but what should I do only those two errors are causing me a big trouble. I am in console because I did as someone here instructed me to go to a page where it was how to set up the program now I am stuck with this. Can you show to me how can I get rid of this step by step please.

Thanks.

Is anyone gonna help me ? I have .NET 2003 platform so it is little hard to start with OpenGL since most of sites are not updated.

“1. error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup”

this means your compiler can’t find the main function are you sure you have a function named main if so can you paste some code? the 2nd error is a side effect of the 1st one

ranakor thanks,
Yeah you right that was missing but now everything is working fine since I was able to run a program :slight_smile: . Thanks again and have a good one.