FBO and PBuffers

Is anything preventing me from binding an FBO whilst in a PBuffer context?
I don’t see any errors being thrown, however it seems that the contents of the FBO aren’t being updated while rendering to it in a PBuffer context.

Originally posted by Aeluned:
Is anything preventing me from binding an FBO whilst in a PBuffer context?
I believe it’s not, provided it shows in the extension list of the different context (which could be different but most of the time is not).
By sure means, conventional wisdom strongly warnings about those two things!

Originally posted by Aeluned:
I don’t see any errors being thrown, however it seems that the contents of the FBO aren’t being updated while rendering to it in a PBuffer context.
Did you enable display list sharing? I’m pretty sure it’s disabled by default. Anyway, I wouldn’t rely too much on intra-context syncronization (see issue 76 of EXT_fbo ). You’ll get a huge performance hit by changing context anyway so why do you need to mess up with them in the first place?

wglShareLists has been invoked, so I don’t think that’s the problem

There are times when I need to render my scene to a pbuffer context…
The contents of the FBO update just fine when I’m in the regular ‘onscreen’ context. Once I swap over to the PBuffer, whatever I draw while the FBO is bound seems to not end up in the FBO.

strange, but then again…there always has to be some stupid problem like this…I got them up and running in no time, now I’m stuck on this stupid issue…

sigh I love programming.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

EDIT: you know what? It seems some part of the setup code needs to be run in the pbuffer context.
I’m destroying/recreating the FBO each frame and it works fine…now I just have to figure out what’s going on so that I don’t need to do that each frame.

Sorry about the monologue here, just didn’t want those of you reading this to rack your brains :slight_smile: