OBJ loader

I’d like to be able to load OBJ files without resorting to programs like 3d exploration. Are there any tutorials that show you how to load models?

I already have an OBJ parser that loads the vertices, but I’m having trouble handling multiple face types (polys, tris, quad, etc.) in an efficient way. If anybody has some importer code, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey,

I have also wrote a program that converts *.obj’s to an easily readble output file. However, in order to efficiently generate the code all the faces had to be of one type (either polygons, quads, or triangles). The program successfully works in this manner for all vertices and normals, but I cannot not get the textures to work correctly. I don’t know if that is what you are looking for or not. I do know from experience that their is no source code just laying around somewhere on a site for this. So, let me know if this is what you are looking for and whether yours takes into account textures. Perhaps we can both get something out of this.

-Gary