program compilation doesn't end..what should i do?

Hi,

i am planning to do my project in the 3D images.For that many of the people suggest me to choose the OpenGl.I have tried to compile the samle program given in the OpenGl website.I have included the libraries in the object\link modules which is in the project settings of the VC++6.0.

If i compile the program then it won’t stop.
what are all the steps i should handle when i use the OpenGl?If anything i should add ,please guide me…

Tell me whether the OpenGl is useful to do the 3D geometric objects creation ,movement and identification?If not so then give me ideas about others. 

with advanced thanks…

No offense but, before you post a question again, please read through some of the posts on this site and get an understand of how to post.

All I know from your post is that you use VC6, trying to compile something, and it crashes/takes a long time/whatever. It is impossible for anyone to help you with your problem unless you give us a lot more information.

What sample are you compiling? Link?
What is the compiler error output(if it ever stopped)?
Gfx card,driver,os?
Do known ogl programs run on your computer?

[This message has been edited by roffe (edited 07-31-2003).]

You need to be a bit more clear when you asked a question.

1. Did you mean that the example you compiled would not exit when run? or the Compiler would.

Also where did you download the example and name of it?

1. Simple objects are not problem to hand draw in your program, but complex object are best create with a 3D object editing program like Blender, 3D studio, etc .

2. Movement and tracking is done in your software.

Originally posted by roselin:
[b]Hi,

i am planning to do my project in the 3D images.For that many of the people suggest me to choose the OpenGl.I have tried to compile the samle program given in the OpenGl website.I have included the libraries in the object\link modules which is in the project settings of the VC++6.0.

If i compile the program then it won’t stop.
what are all the steps i should handle when i use the OpenGl?If anything i should add ,please guide me…

Tell me whether the OpenGl is useful to do the 3D geometric objects creation ,movement and identification?If not so then give me ideas about others. 

with advanced thanks… [/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 07-31-2003).]