jpeg.lib or gd.lib Any opinions out there?

Has anybody tried the IJP’s libraries for use with OpenGL apps? I have the mkOpenGLJPEG
Image library and it works, but not for C only C++. Anybody know of any import libs available for C not C++, I have tried a few searches and can’t find any. If you know of any can you post the URL. Thanks.

Originally posted by RobertSI:
Has anybody tried the IJP’s libraries for use with OpenGL apps? I have the mkOpenGLJPEG
Image library and it works, but not for C only C++. Anybody know of any import libs available for C not C++, I have tried a few searches and can’t find any. If you know of any can you post the URL. Thanks.

I’ve recently implemented a texture library using .jpg textures with IJG(The Independent JPEG Group). I implemented it in C++, but I don’t think it’s a very great efford to do the same yourself in C.

Hope this helps you on the right track,

Daniel Palomo van Es

[This message has been edited by DPalomo (edited 11-12-2000).]

Man! O Man! O Man! Have I got a present for you… Intel’s JPEG Library … (its free).

It took me all of 3 hours to fully integrate this package in my own imaging library.

Do this:

1. To see IJL in action go read “Function to Capture OpenGL Images to JPG (uses free IJL Library)” at http://codeguru.earthweb.com/opengl/snaptojpeg.shtml

2. Follow the link to the CJpeg class and see how to use it.

3. Follow the IJL link to download the IJL.

4. Tinker around a little and … good luck!