Beziers and glMap1

I am fairly new to OpenGL and need to make some beziers curves. I have spent an hour here looking through the web site and can’t find what I am looking for. I need to know how to make a multiple beziers with several control points. What command do I give to create multiple beziers, and how do I define more then 2 control points. I have searched the redbook and the bluebook and see that it can be done, but I can’t find what it actually takes to make it work. I have tried several things, and tried modifying the sample code I found in the redbook for basic bezier curves. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Leo

You can use OpenGL evaluators to create a bezier patch.

your subject line included glMap1 - you’re close.

look into glMap2f, glEvalMesh2, glEnable(GL_MAP2_VERTEX_3) and glMapGrid2f.

you can store your control point vertices in a 3 dimensional array for use with these functions.

hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll look into these functions. By the way, you wouldn’t happen to have a couple of lines of code that would show the order and maybe the basic setup of the calls? I have noticed that these calls can be done in multiply ways, and I still don’t have a complete understanding of the under pinnings. It reminds me when I started working with window API’s. Everything is written for those that have the basic knowledge. Makes learning very difficult on your own.