Alan Watt's book

Hello,
I’m not sure where to post this, so I will post it here. I was wondering if anyone has taken a look at Alan Watt’s new book “3D Computer Games Technology: Volume I: Real-Time Rendering and Software”. It was just published in November, so maybe no one has had a chance to see it yet. If anyone has though, could you tell me what you think? I’m just interested in if it is a good book to read if I want to find out more about graphics for computer games.
I have used OpenGL in the past and have written several simple programs. I even wrote a ray-tracer one time. Nothing spectacular, it would just draw spheres and polygons, but I think it was a good exercise. Now I want to move on to bigger and better things, and I just want to know if this book will help me, or if I should look elsewhere.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Savro

Alan watts knows a lot about graphics…

but i think most of his books are targeting a college classroom environment, at least what of it i’ve seen.

I own his 3D computer graphics, 2nd ed (yeah, it’s aging…), and i used to work in a book store, so i’ve read through most of his other stuff.

his books are very good for theory, but not so much as cut and paste code.

if you’ve already made a ray-tracer, though, then i’m assuming you have some theory background, in which case i’d definitely suggest his new books.

go, run, buy them!

just make sure you have enough money left to eat when the week is though

-succint