OpenGL 1.3 includes for download

Hello!

I have put together some OpenGL 1.3 compatible include files. Most compilers come with OpenGL 1.1 (or 1.2) include files, if any at all (the MinGW compiler does not have any GL include files).

Since I could not find any separate OpenGL 1.3 include files myself (they are usually bundled within a huge lump of files and software), I decided to pick out the 1.3 include files from Mesa, and tweak them a little bit.

You can find the files at http://hem.passagen.se/opengl/getstarted/ (go to the “GL Includes” section).

I would appreciate feedback (if it works with your compiler etc).

The problem with that is that for Windows the opengl32.dll is still only 1.1. To actually get functions specific to 1.2 and 1.3, you need to use wglGetProcAddress.

Also, even if opengl32.dll had the entry points to 1.2 and 1.3 functions, just having the header wouldn’t be enough. You’d also need a library file to link in. (Although, I think most windows compilers come with a utility to create a .lib from a .dll.)

Yes, I know. It’s just that many people (including me) are asking for recent include files with all the OpenGL 1.2+ and extension definitions. Also, I’m a faithful MinGW user. MinGW does not even come with OpenGL headers, so I needed to “make” my own includes that work with MinGW, so I thought it would be nice to share them with other people as well.

Ahh… ok. I guess from the tone of your post it seemed like you thought that all you needed was the .h. I just wanted to clarify that you’d need more to actually use 1.2 and 1.3 specific functions.