How do i use gluSphere

People have been telling me to use gluSphere instead of glutSphere.

However what parameters do i pass to it,
?

i assumed it was the same as glutSphere (radius, strips, stacks);

but when i passed gluSphere 3 variables i got an error saying it doesn’t take 3 variables… so please tell me how to use this function.

Also if i wan’t to set texture co-ordinates to map to this sphere, please explain the best way to go about it using gluSphere. I would also liek to know how to reverse the normals if possible… Thanks for any advice given

We recomended glusphere because it has more options, but with more option the usage becomes more advace.
But that unlike glutsphere, which you can call with one command, you have to call other commands before you can use gluSphere.

see my example on my website called glBall, which show’s you how to setup a gluSphere and gluCylinder and some of the extra setting’s that are used with glu objects, like normals and texture coords.

www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone

Originally posted by ShinGouki:
[b]People have been telling me to use gluSphere instead of glutSphere.

However what parameters do i pass to it,
?

i assumed it was the same as glutSphere (radius, strips, stacks);

but when i passed gluSphere 3 variables i got an error saying it doesn’t take 3 variables… so please tell me how to use this function.

Also if i wan’t to set texture co-ordinates to map to this sphere, please explain the best way to go about it using gluSphere. I would also liek to know how to reverse the normals if possible… Thanks for any advice given[/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 05-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 05-06-2003).]

thanks a lot thats helped quite a lot