PDA

View Full Version : Texture memory issue

BennUK
03-31-2004, 08:14 AM
When I call the initialise texture function in my game(load bmp & tga), the color of the opengl primitives changes (blue turns black, white turns brown). If i disable the texture loading, the problem is fixed. I am not using the glBind function as this is the only one used.

has anyone had this problem before and if so, how would it be fixed?

Thanks

BennUK

V-man
03-31-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not a memory issue.

What's your texture environment state?
For example if you have modulate, then the result will be primary*texture or primary*texture+secondary

BennUK
04-01-2004, 09:25 AM
I don't know what you mean by the 'state'. I am quite new to OpenGl and am trying to implement as simple a texture loader as I can but still keep having this problem.How would I find out what the state is?

Thanks again

BennUK

pkaler
04-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by BennUK:
I am quite new to OpenGl and ...Which means you should probably be posting to the beginner's forum.

My guess is that you call a GL function in the constructor of a class. And you have a static or global object that gets instantiated before you have a device context and rendering context.

But that's a shot in the dark without more information.

jwatte
04-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Another possibility is that the data is presented to OpenGL in some other byte format than that which is described to OpenGL (i e, GL_BGRA, GL_RGB, etc).

I agree that the beginner's section is the place for this question.