I don't know what's wrong with my BC5 compiler - unresolved external???

I want so much to run one of my first programs on OPENGL, but it just don’t work. I don’t know what’s wrong a short while ago I copied new versions of the headers to my \BC5\gl directory (because the older ones didn’t support texturing) - gl.h, glaux.h etc and now when I try to compile my program it just won’t run. The linker displays the message: unresolved external auxDIBImageLoadA
… I just don’t know how to cope with this pls help me ? pls write to searchingforthet@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it if you answer !!!

Hi !

It’s difficult to say what the problem is, have you included the aux import library when you link the application ?

If you have, then it might be another problem, but I have no idea what it could be, isn’t there any BC forum you could ask maybe in case it is something BC specific ?

Mikael

I assume you’re using NeHe’s tutorials when you do this, because that’s how I get this problem. My advice, especially if you’re using Borland C++ Builder 5.0 or greater, is not to use NeHe’s code, since it’s designed to compile on Microsoft’s Visual C++. Also, I get this problem when trying to compile code designed for Visual.

Instead, if you want to learn how to use OpenGL with Borland, go to http://home.clara.net/paulyg/ogl.htm read down to where it says ‘glut…’, and use his tutorials instead. I’ve gotten textures to work on my BC++ compilers using his code.

Note: I use Borland C++ Builder 5.02 and Borland C++ 5.5 command line compiler. Good luck with whatever you’re using.

I know your problem because i’ve already met it. glaux is simply not compatible with bc++.
However i remember that there is a version of glaux specially rebuilt for bc++, but i can 't remember where. And by the way an “unresolved external” is a problem with the .lib/.dll, and not with the .h. What you need is a bc++ version of glaux.lib

[This message has been edited by Morglum (edited 08-21-2001).]