is it for ati cards only ??

Hello for all

I heard about this powerful program (openGL)
and i wanted to download it ,but someone talled me that it supports ATI vga cards only
and I have a built-in card in MANLI motherboard .IS IT TRUE ?
and if that is n’t true .please tell me:
** the accurate name of the file i should
download?
** the volume of this file?

and THANKS ALOT

No, it’s not for ATI only. Nor is it actually a program, it’s more like a graphics interface applications can use to draw 3d graphics. So unless you’re programming yourself, there isn’t much you can do with it. If you are running on Windows, it’s already installed and you don’t have to download anything. Don’t know about the other operating systems, except for linux there’s mesa, which is a kind of a OpenGL look-a-like.

-Ilkka

OpenGL is a 3D graphics API, like Direct X except openGL does not have any device input or sound functions.

Now just like direct X you must have a video driver support for the card.

OpenGL run’s in two modes software and hardware modes.
In order for OpenGL to run in 3D hardware accerated, you have to have openGL drivers for the video card. The drivers are written by the card maker, but not all video card makers support openGL.

Now ATI has for a long as I can remember supported openGL and Nvada also supports openGL. Those two are the first to come to my mind.

You have to check with the people who makes your video hardware as to if you have openGL supported drivers. Without openGL drivers for hardware rendering, openGL will be slow.

I can not help you since I don’t know what brand of video chip set is on your motherboard or the model of your mother board.

Originally posted by abedohere:
[b] Hello for all

I heard about this powerful program (openGL)
and i wanted to download it ,but someone talled me that it supports ATI vga cards only
and I have a built-in card in MANLI motherboard .IS IT TRUE ?
and if that is n’t true .please tell me:
** the accurate name of the file i should
download?
** the volume of this file?

and THANKS ALOT [/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 03-07-2003).]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 03-07-2003).]

hillo
thanks for JustHanging & nexusone
for thier reply & I want to mention that
i mentioned my built-in mother board
which is MANLI in my 1st message but