problem w/glaux.h

I am having trouble with the include file “glaux.h.” I am running windows NT 4, and using Visual C++ 6.0. Everytime I add the statement #include <GL/glaux.h> I get the following errors :

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\windef.h(171) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ‘;’ before identifier ‘LPARAM’

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\windef.h(171) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

Error executing cl.exe.

This is very frusterating because I am trying to load .bmp files using the glaux library. If anyone has any information about how I could fix this problem or where I could find information on how to fix this problem please tell me!!

In my windef.h there was never defined LONG.
So it might sound silly but you can try to put
#typedef long LONG
over the line with the error.

Maybe a silly question, but you are #including “windows.h” BEFORE “GL/glaux.h”, right?

I am including <windows.h> but it doesn’t matter. Even if I remove <windows.h> the errors are still the same. The line in windef.h that seems to be causing the problem is :

typedef LONG LPARAM;

I tried replacing it with what Mexx said, but that increased the number of errors to 49. I am sure that the gl and glut .h files are working fine.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

OK-If I compile just the statement #include <windows.h> or if I compile the statement #include <gl/glaux.h> (or both) I get the same errors that I mentioned above. Maybe I should just try reinstalling microsoft visual c++. Does this sound like an appropriate thing to do? Sorry that this topic is turning into something that isn’t directly related to openGL.

reinstalling visual c++ solved the prblem…