Beginners Questions.

As a beginner i said that i will start either with C or C++.The problem is that i dont know which.I like C since it is simpler than C++ and used for games,even if i cant find examples written with C for DX or Opengl,Cg also appeared.C++ is good but hard but is it used for almost everything.And then their is MFC.I dont know what to choose since i want the language to combine marketability and personnal liking.
Any thoughts?

I bet many peoples advice you to use c++, and it must be a good choice since it’s used so much. If you go to some game programming cource they will most likely use c++.

I use C myself becouse I like it better, and I advice you to choose what you feel most comfortable with, unless you are planning to program in some company which requires C++ knowledge.

Look, if you learn C++, you will have learned C too. Everything that is in the C language is in C++. And MFC is not a separate language, MFC is a class library written in C++.

So the answer is: start learning C, then learn C++, then learn MFC if you so desire.
Just dont expect to learn C in a few days and be programming 3d graphics in a week.

Some people say that it harder to learn C++ if you learn C first.

Object programming is a bit confusing and after you have learned the C structure makes it harder.

Originally posted by ioquan:
[b]Look, if you learn C++, you will have learned C too. Everything that is in the C language is in C++. And MFC is not a separate language, MFC is a class library written in C++.

So the answer is: start learning C, then learn C++, then learn MFC if you so desire.
Just dont expect to learn C in a few days and be programming 3d graphics in a week. [/b]

You seem to be giving an impression that c++ takes everything that c has and adds a little more, thats not exactly true. And in reality you should be assesing what previous programming experience you have or rather how happy/comfotable you are with OOP technologies.