Nvidia SDK

Hi
I have downloaded the latest version of the NVIDIA SDK-- Version 9.5. I opened the gl.h file in the sdk and saw the following command in this file:

/* Version */
#define GL_VERSION_1_1

Does it mean that it’s not the latest gl header file? As i know, openGL 2.0 has been published.
Should i find a new header file?
-Ehsan-

AFAIK that’s the generic windows OpenGL header & they’re not alowed to mess with that. It’s stuck at 1.1 and has been for ages. It’s a windows curse. Intel has a rev’d one to 1.3 but it’s a wrapper.

Include glext.h also and use wglGetProcAddress for the newer functions you need, the tokens are in the header and typedefs for the functions you need.

Querry the OpenGL version as a string once you get a context, don’t use compile time checking against a definition from the header, use runtime checking to test for the version you get for your context and to see if wglGetProcAddress returns valid functions.

Well. Now i want to compile the first project of the book More OpenGL Game Programming. As the examples of this book use from the glee, i have added the glee.h and glee.lib files to the appropriate folders of my VC++ compiler. but when i want to compile the project, i see 5 errors:
‘glGenBuffers’ : undeclared identifier
‘glBindBuffer’ : undeclared identifier
‘glBufferData’ : undeclared identifier
‘glBufferSubData’ : undeclared identifier
‘glDeleteBuffers’ : undeclared identifier

So something is going wrong… I have downloaded the latest version of the GLEE. I have downloaded the latest version of the SDK and have added the new header files to my GL folder.
So how can i solve this problem?
-Ehsan-

Maybe LEE is not compatible with VC++ 6.0 :confused:

Your problem is compile time anyway. It looks like that example is expecting those fuctions without using wglGetProcAddress.

Make sure that glee.h is included, it may be an oversight that somehow slipped through/worked on another PC.

My example is .NET based, I don’t think Dave added VC6, you probably need .NET for several projects in the code release.