My patience is finished

Hello everyone

I have a problem which is very very annoying for me. It’s first time something like this happens - I am powerless in this case. Let’s get to the point… My application initializes, OpenGL configuration is done, I have my drawing context, window handle etc… No error messages appear (a kind of NeHe’s window creation). glGetError() returns GL_NO_ERROR. The whole program WORKS, sound is on, input is working, main loop interates and so on. The question is - why don’t any of GL commands work? Only thing I see is my desktop resized to window’s resolution and nothing more. I can’t even call glClear(). It seems like some stupid mistake. Although, I used the same initialization code for other apps and it worked pretty fine. Do you have any ideas? Please help me before I harm myself :wink:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Rendering context current?
Single buffered rendering and no glFlush() called?
Double buffered pixelformat and no swap called?
Everything is rendered black on black? Change glClearColor for debugging.
glScissor null rect and scissor_test on?

More fun ideas:
Window style doesn’t include WS_CLIPCHILDREN and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS? Or it does and you have an overlapping transparent window?
WM_PAINT message handler not correctly implemented?
WM_ERASEBKGROUND not returning 1?
Alpha test enabled and killing all pixels?

Originally posted by Relic:
Double buffered pixelformat and no swap called?
My God, I am sooooooo stupid. I was trying to figure that for 3 days. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: LOOOL Laaaammeeee …

THANKS RELIC, from this day you are my MASTER! You are a great guy since some people would probably blame me saying that I am giving to little info etc… Good shot, Relic! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks once again