Maya model loader

Anyone know of a good maya model loader demo? I just got a copy of maya and would like to load models into my game engine.

Thanks;~)

For all I know this might be difficult. Unless you try the sdk I don’t think you can since I think even file formats are scripted in Maya (pretty difficult to follow what’s going on in there…).

If I’m wrong than it’s a good thing . Else get the SDK

had a long topic about coding your own exporter on the advanced forum recently. Maya will offer you obj,dxf and rtg files for export. Theya are ok if you just want the model initially, but they wont deal with animation and hierarchies etc. obj is probably the best out of the three, rtg is very pants IMHO.

So, I can use .obj for static models but, how do maya users do animation loading? ie. what file format?

I don’t have the link but Nate Robins web site has a few GL demo’s that load obj objects.
The demo load’s both the object file and the texture files.

You can find his web site listed here on this site.

Originally posted by Boris008:
[b]Anyone know of a good maya model loader demo? I just got a copy of maya and would like to load models into my game engine.

Thanks;~) [/b]

if you read the post on the advanced forum it will explain. There aren’t any native file formats for Maya that deal with animation so you have to create your own.

Thnaks guys, I’ll check the advanced forum for the posts mentioned by Rob!