Simulation

what is Simulation?
thnks

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Simulation

sim·u·la·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (smy-lshn)
n.

1. The act or process of simulating.
  2. An imitation; a sham.
  3. Assumption of a false appearance.

a. Imitation or representation, as of a potential situation or in experimental testing.
b. Representation of the operation or features of one process or system through the use of another: computer simulation of an in-flight emergency.

Hope that helps.

Well a simulation is something that recreates an event. Flight sims let you take the role of a pilot and fly around shooting stuff down. But unlike an RPG, they adhere to the laws of physics and make it seem as realistic as possible in terms of limiting movement to what it would be like in real life. The best example i can think of is the F1 2002 game. You can change SO MUCH in that game and some things you really need to know a LOT to understand…like the data it gives you on your driving during a race. Search for Simulation games on www.google.com and you will find more examples.

Oh Dear!

sorry i know its mean but i need to know meaning from opengl view. is there any tutorials about simulation ?
thnks

To simulate something in OpenGL is basically to take a real life image and render it. All tutorials that do anything but have spinning cubes are simulating something. Like a water tutorial simulates water and a hieghtfield terrain demo simulates land.

There is no diffrence in the meaning, it has the same meaning in openGL.

From the stand point of a programmer, the answer will change based on what you are trying to simulate.

It could mean using a lot of math and psyhics to recreate the real life object you are simulating.

nehe.gamedev.net has some tutors on real world psyhics programming.

google search of openGL simulation should give you lots of links.

Originally posted by PlayBoy:
sorry i know its mean but i need to know meaning from opengl view. is there any tutorials about simulation ?
thnks

I can see a long winding road for you Play…