Link Error :|

Hello,

I Just started working with Dev-C++ and OpenGL. I got a wave.c sample working after experience a linking error undefined reference to __glu*. found the answer to that in the FAQs. But now I just installed directx 8x and I’m getting a similar error except now the files don’t have the @12 (or somenumber) appended to the end of it. Since I have the dll in the home directory of the program I’m not really sure why it was working but now it stopped, I went so far as to drop them in the C:\windows\system, but still getting the same issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Sleypy

Hi !

When a function call has @xx attached after the name (and an ‘_’ in front of the name) this means that the function was declared as using the _stdcall calling convention.

If you don’t have the @xx in the error messages that means that your function calls don’t use _stdcall, this is normally always used on most of the win32 API calls, so if you do expect them, check that you have included the correct header files and so on.

Mikael

Thanks

Sleypy