OpenGL question

Hello,
Im using Borland C++ Version 5.0 and I was wondering if OpenGL API functions will “work” on it? or should I upgrade it to VC++. Also are there any major changes between Borland C++ Version 5 and VC++?

One more question about DX8. I heard that X-BOX will come out next year but wouldent DX8 by that time be outdated? I think Microsoft rleased DIRECTX 8 to earliy and they shouldent of told the general public about their X-Box.

Wondering I think DX8 is supported with win2k but would that mean that I can take a future x-Box game and just place it right into my computer and expect it to run?

Hi, OpenGl and Borland C++ 5.0 work just fine. At least I use them, with no problem - except VC generates more optimal code, but that’s not so big deal (well it is…)
The XBox: As DX8 on that machine was designed to use the full potential of the hw built in the box, there is no use to upgrade it -IMHO- as DX9 10 and others would support future hardware features what the XBOX does not have. Therefore they would be SW emulated… better not )
As for the XBox games on Win2K and others: I’m pretty sure there will be some kind of protection scheme against this (at least for a few days ) Anyway there is quite a big chance that the same titles will have a PC “conversion” too… (as it needs almost no change in the code at all.)