GL_TEXTURE_3D

hi,
The problem i’ve is on 3D objects, lets take for example a box,
now the box is located somewhere in the x,y,z field and if I set the parameter with glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,…
you have 2 option GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S and GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T with te command GL_REPEAT giving as result that the x-plane and y-plane of the box are good filt by the image bud the z-plane is streched
now GL_TEXTURE_3D has GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R with command GL_REPEAT bud if i change al …_2D with …_3D and at GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R i have problems with the glTexImage3D it seems not supported??? error link external symbol

can someone give a solution please?

thanks Dave

Originally posted by phydes:
i have problems with the glTexImage3D it seems not supported??? error link external symbol
If you just changed TexImage2D with the 3D version sure it doesn’t link (I wonder how it manages to compile).
Probably you’ll want to have a function pointer called TexImage3D which is fetched by wgl or GLX at runtime using the extension mechanism.
If you already have this pointer, it could be a “namespace” problem.
Try to declare the pointer using static extern. You really need this if you have multiple references to the declaration file because of how the compiling process works.

I’ve worked all weekend on it and the problem was in the imagepixels of the TexImage3D(…,pixels)
thanks for the reply