Open GL, counter strike!!

Hello! I have big problems with my Open GL. I get this message when i start Counter Strike (Steam), “The specified video mode is not supported. The game will now run i software mode”.

Please help me! :smiley:

Regards Daniel

Congratulations, you have posted in the wrong forum. This is not a help desk for Steam/Counterstrike. This is a developer’s messageboard.

Go over to Valve’s website and ask there.

Offhand, I’d say that your videocard does not support the mode you want it to (in this case, I’m guesstimating OpenGL), so it’s defaulting to software rendering. Your simple fix? Use the DirectX mode.

there is something strange with directX… i have tried to update my videocard but it doesn´t help me :confused: …“The specified video mode is not supported. The game will now run i software mode”…you know what that means… thats why i can´t play :S

shrug This isn’t the forum that you should be posting your question in, unfortunately.

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Truck on over to Windrivers.com and get on either the free tech chat or the forums there and ask your question. I’d recommend the chat first.