DXF files and opengl

Ive noticed that maya can export objects in DXF format. Ive seen this used before but I dont know how it works. I am currently using maya obj formats for integrating objects into my programs. I would like to try a DXF file. Does anyone know where i might find source code(c/c++) for a DXF file loader. I am very unfamilliar with binary files and loading them so at this point making one myself is not an option

The only problem with DXF is I don’t think it supports texture maps as does an obj file and some other features that OJB has.

So once loaded a DXF you will have to add extra data that maybe other wise you would not have too using OJB.

Originally posted by mdog1234:
Ive noticed that maya can export objects in DXF format. Ive seen this used before but I dont know how it works. I am currently using maya obj formats for integrating objects into my programs. I would like to try a DXF file. Does anyone know where i might find source code(c/c++) for a DXF file loader. I am very unfamilliar with binary files and loading them so at this point making one myself is not an option