where to download gl.h?

i mean gl.h version above 1.2 which can use 3d texture features.

thanx.

This question has been answered many times in the past, if you have a peek in the archives you will find it.

Mikael

I am guessing that you are a Microsoft windows user, the bottom line is thanks to Microsoft you can not get a gl.h header for windows past 1.2!

To get around this you have to use openGL extension to access newer functions, lot of post on this subject in this forum.

Originally posted by hwe001:
[b]i mean gl.h version above 1.2 which can use 3d texture features.

thanx.[/b]

if you have a copy of Microsoft Visual C++ 6, then you’re fine. just go onto google and download glext.h header file. this will provide you with all the functions and extensions you’ll need.

or just download the latest free DevC++ package, which I think may already come with glext.h, but i’m not sure.

Originally posted by oconnellseanm:
[b]if you have a copy of Microsoft Visual C++ 6, then you’re fine. just go onto google and download glext.h header file. this will provide you with all the functions and extensions you’ll need.

[/b]

Not quite… You will still need to use wglGetProcAddress to get a pointer to the functions beyond 1.1. And should check the version and extensions string with glGetString to make sure your drivers support the functions you want to use…