Some of the client area displays nothing in Windows2000

The client area is small at initial time and pixel format is set up correctly. while when I drag the window larger, the right of the client remains empty, just as if it is clipped. Even when i use the function glClear(GL_COLOR_BIT) to clear the screen as blue, the right part remains black. As the following displays:

±--------------+
| |
| display area |
| OK |
| |
±--------------+

Drag the window larger

±--------------------±-+
| | |
| d i s p l a y a r e| |
| | <–just as clipped
| | |
| | |
±--------------------±-+

Hi !

If I understand your problem correct then I think you are suffering from a well known problem with Microsoft’s opengl32.dll, but this is only if you are using software rendering, if you are using hardware I have know idea what the problem might be.

Mikael

Originally posted by mikael_aronsson:
I think you are suffering from a well known problem with Microsoft’s opengl32.dll,

En, Thank you! In some computer, there is no such problem. But can you tell me how to control the rendering merely in hardware to overcome the suffering from the opengl32.dll.

It depends on your hardware, if you have a videocard with OpenGL support then you can use it, if not, you have to use opengl32.dll.

Check with the manufacturer of your videocard, most of the time you will find up to date drivers there.

Mikael