vertex arrays and multiple textures

I’m not sure if this belongs here or in the advanced forum, so if it gets moved let me know.

I’ve been working with vertex arrays for a while as well as converting 3d objects from Lightwave to openGL. The problem is this: some objects are very complex and may require several texture maps to get the required effect. One part may need tex1 while this part needs tex2. I figure there could be up to 20 textures for one object alone.

The question is this, is there a way to use more than one set of texture coords within a vertex array, and if so how is this done as well as keeping them attached to the correct sections of the model.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You could either split your object based on texture, or combine the smaller textures into a larger texture (adjusting the tex coords accordingly), so that you end up with a single texture.

I tried something like that with another object. The object has a top half and a bottom half. Each half is on a different portion of the texture map. The entire object is in a single array. But with I run the program the object has no texture even though it compiles the texture and texture coords correctly.

Am I missing something or is there a way to fix this?