3ds loader

Where can I find a 3DS loader or how can I build one by myself?

Thanks.

Hi !

The best place to start is to search the archive for this forum, the question has popped up about sixteen million times in the past…

Mikael

There is good source code for 3ds loading on windows machines at http://p-squared.com click on Display3ds link and download zip file.

bye
SBF

Isn’t loading a 3DS file illiegal without paying the 3d studio max people money?

Of course not illegal, let’s say there is a friend or someone that doing 3D-Max and you get a modell from him made in 3d-max, then he have payed and used it. It’s only illegal to use program without paying for it.

No, only if the file was copy righted by the person who created it. If your friend downloaded a 3DS file that was made by someone else, and you used it in a game. Then it would be illeagal to use without that persons permission.

If you friend has given you a file he has created with 3D studio max, it is his file to do with as he wants.
3D studio people do not own what you create with there software… unless there is something in the EUL that we don’t know about…

Originally posted by 31337:
Isn’t loading a 3DS file illiegal without paying the 3d studio max people money?

there is a good 3ds loader at www.gametutorials.com

Or is there… <strokes chin>