GlutSolidxxxx displays wireframe objects!?!

No one will believe this one. I am calling GlutSolidxxxx functions but OpenGL is displaying the wireframe versions of the objects. Any idea which OpenGL land mine I stepped on to produce this effect? Has anyone ever seen this happen? Should I take a couple aspirins and go to sleep and hope everything is OK in the morning?

that makes no sense.
glutSolidxxx() displays solid objects.
glutWirexxx() displays wire objects.
you probable have something set wrong.
try glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT,GL_FILL);

I tried your suggestion but no luck. I am sure it’s some simple little goof I made that will cost me hours. That’s the way it goes. I have some simple programs that display solid objects fine. I’ll be sure to post the resolution when I find it. This is crazy!

have a look at the source code to glut IIRC /lib/glut u will be able to copy and paste the glutsolid… code into your app, then u should be able to experiment and find out whats up.
also like warrior said glPolygonMode( GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_FILL )

Thank you very much to both Warrior and Zed. You were right on the mark. I found that I was calling glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_LINE) elsewhere in the program. I needed to call glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_FILL) just before calling glSolidxxxx. All I can say now is “sigh…”.

hehe
thats the way it goes sometimes.
good luck with your programs