Vertex arrays and multitexturing (texcoordinates..)

I am playing with vertex arrays and since my texture manager supports multitexturing, I thought it is cool to try it out with VA. However, I dont know how to set multitexture coordinates for the vertex arrays using glTextureCoordPointer. Should I set the active texture arb and then update the texturecoordptr or what?
I am confused here. Can someone make this clear to me?
Thanks!

Originally posted by kaysoft:
However, I dont know how to set multitexture coordinates for the vertex arrays using glTextureCoordPointer. Should I set the active texture arb and then update the texturecoordptr or what?

I think ‘ClientActiveTexture’ is what you’re looking for. Look on page 25 in the OpenGL 1.4 spec.

All right, that must be it. running through the pdf

Thanks!

It almost solved the problem, but I have another one now.
The first texture is mapped correctly, but the other one makes the whole quad look more gray. The texture coordinates are coorect, but I had to swap them from what I had without using vertex arrays, why?

Anyway, when I bind the texture, i set the active texture unit to the correct one, so what is it?

Have you tried disabling multitexturing after every render? I found that not doing this would create weird problems.

just my 2cents :stuck_out_tongue:

No, that didnt solve it. Are there any examples using vertex arrays and multitexturing on the net?

A Google search on “opengl vertex array multitexture” turned up this link:
http://www.essi.fr/~buffa/cours/synthese_image/DOCS/Tutoriaux/Nate/programming.html

The second tutorial down uses vertex arrays and multitexturing, perhaps it will help you.

Thanks a lot!