More than one texture on one object

I like to ask about making an sphere with many textures an all the txtures to be seen!

Thank you for your help !

Do you mean many textures on each triangle of your sphere? If so you have to use the OpenGL multitexturing extension, if you card supports it. Using extensions with OpenGL is a bit complicated the first time so I wouldn’t wan’t to launch myself into a useless (and boring) explanation unless you wanted me to!

Originally posted by Olive:
Do you mean many textures on each triangle of your sphere? If so you have to use the OpenGL multitexturing extension, if you card supports it. Using extensions with OpenGL is a bit complicated the first time so I wouldn’t wan’t to launch myself into a useless (and boring) explanation unless you wanted me to!

I like to hear explanation about putting more then two textures on one sphere an how to make it all the textures to be transparent

If you don’t want to use multitexturing (which requires the use of extensions), you can use multiple passes to render your sphere.
Render it once w/ one texture and then render it another time w/ another texture but this time use blending operations and a depth function of GL_EQUAL or GL_LEQUAL and with an alpha of say 0.5.
You’ll probably have to make your textures a bit darker to avoid saturation.