PDA

View Full Version : More than one texture on one object

aceka
01-17-2001, 03:24 AM
I like to ask about making an sphere with many textures an all the txtures to be seen!

Thank you for your help !

Olive
01-17-2001, 04:02 AM
Do you mean many textures on each triangle of your sphere? If so you have to use the OpenGL multitexturing extension, if you card supports it. Using extensions with OpenGL is a bit complicated the first time so I wouldn't wan't to launch myself into a useless (and boring) explanation unless you wanted me to!

aceka
01-18-2001, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Olive:
Do you mean many textures on each triangle of your sphere? If so you have to use the OpenGL multitexturing extension, if you card supports it. Using extensions with OpenGL is a bit complicated the first time so I wouldn't wan't to launch myself into a useless (and boring) explanation unless you wanted me to!

I like to hear explanation about putting more then two textures on one sphere an how to make it all the textures to be transparent

Moz
01-18-2001, 02:35 AM
If you don't want to use multitexturing (which requires the use of extensions), you can use multiple passes to render your sphere.
Render it once w/ one texture and then render it another time w/ another texture but this time use blending operations and a depth function of GL_EQUAL or GL_LEQUAL and with an alpha of say 0.5.
You'll probably have to make your textures a bit darker to avoid saturation.