View Full Version : header files !!

01-30-2007, 03:48 AM
hey ..
i'm using MS VS. 2005 and the built-in OpenGL files are about 10 years old, related to openGL 1.1 i guess ..
i got sick looking for "gl" and "glu" libraries supporting new OpenGL 2.0 or 2.1 .. any suggestions about where i can got 'em ?!

01-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Why doesn't anyone read the documentation before asking questions?

01-30-2007, 05:19 AM

01-30-2007, 06:57 AM
This is the beginners forum. Give the guy a break. The best thing to do is find/write a good extension loader (GLEW, GLee, etc.) and include that instead. This will make your code more portable, and keep you up to date with the newest extensions and versions.

01-30-2007, 07:37 AM
This is why I month ago I suggested to pin a topic like "Important: where to get OpenGL headers". This question is being asked every three or four days. I know that this is a beginners forum, but that doesn't excuse the inability to use search :-/

01-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I like the idea of a persistent notice at the top of the forum. Something similar to the online wiki notice.

01-31-2007, 03:04 AM
well guys, i must confess that the question was some silly, especially if that as u said it's being asked frequently .. but i really left the forum as a last choice after i tried as possible even on opengl.org or other sites
i think such important topic must be placed on the homepage of opengl.org or at least directly from documentation sub-menu, not in a sub-sub-sub-title ..
anyway, thx a lot, that was really benefit to me .. i got the GLee library.
c u in more advanced questions .. :D