I need help.

I think I need help. I’ve been spending a lot of my free time reading the OpenGL boards, both beginner and advanced. Every time I need a break from programming at work, I find myself drifting over to opengl.org to see if there are any new messages. When I have some time to kill before waiting for a class to start, I go to the school’s computer clusters to see if there are any new messages on the OpenGL boards. When I get home from work/school at the end of the day and there’s nothing on TV, I check to see if there’s anything new on the OpenGL boards. And now to top it all off, I am suddenly a “frequent contributor.” Is there any hope for me?

I am going out for a couple of beers now. Part of me wants to celebrate achieving the rank of “frequent contributor.” Another part of me wants to drown my sorrow over the fact that I let my addiction go so far.

I will be back. I will probably check the boards several times over the weekend while in between homework and working on my own programming projects. I just cannot help myself.

If you can not stay disconnected even if you want it do you have a problem. Try to leave just for 1-2 days and see what happens.

Ok, you need to lighten up a little. My original post wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.

Seriously, I have enjoyed reading posts on these forums. I enjoy reading discussions between fellow programmers with similiar interests to my own. It’s almost been a form of stress relief for me.

Hey, that is exactly my problem. Always when I gotta think while programming, I gotta to the board…