First-chance exception Reports

Is there any way I can stop these reports in my Win 98 Visual C++ Debugger window?

From what I gathered from other discussions these exceptions are to be expected.

First-chance exception in Lofar.exe (GDI32.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

Thanks and Cheers,
Scott O

Have you though about removing the bug in your program ?

j/k, sounds like a bug in gdi.dll / windows. How bout reinstalling the beast ?

Divide Overflow
– Don’t make me e=mc² you !

[This message has been edited by Divide Overflow (edited 11-22-2000).]

Heh, Rufus, didn’t you read my post? THIS MESSAGE IS TO BE EXPECTED.
This is not a bug in the program.

Originally posted by Divide Overflow:
[b]Have you though about removing the bug in your program ?

j/k, sounds like a bug in gdi.dll / windows. How bout reinstalling the beast ?

Divide Overflow
– Don’t make me e=mc² you !

[This message has been edited by Divide Overflow (edited 11-22-2000).][/b]

Um, Scooter…j/k means “just kidding” last time I checked. The problem is Microsoft’s. However, I think I heard that you don’t get those kinds of first-chance exceptions in either NT 4.0 or Win2k. If that’s true, then you’d have to upgrade to get rid of the issue.

Simple solution to the communication barrier. Let’s all speak English! Leave the shorthand out of public forums, and just answer the questions. If you can’t answer, then don’t.

Cheers,
Scott O’

Originally posted by El Jefe:
Um, Scooter…j/k means “just kidding” last time I checked. The problem is Microsoft’s. However, I think I heard that you don’t get those kinds of first-chance exceptions in either NT 4.0 or Win2k. If that’s true, then you’d have to upgrade to get rid of the issue.

Umm, you didn’t even thank El Jefe for telling you how to remedy the issue. This is normally a very civil forum, and everybody who helps deserves respect rather than instructions on how to behave. Well anyway, thanks for the tip El Jefe, that gives me another reason to want to upgrade to Win2K.

The problem is, that this exception is not catched. So try a

try
{
}
catch()
{
}

block around the function that crashes.

Kilam.