OpenGL courses

Does anyone know of any courses in OpenGL in the UK? So far all I’ve found is the SGI one:
http://www.sgi.com/global/uk/custeducation/courses/sw_dev/openglprogrammingirixlabs.html

I’d prefer one with more of a MS Windows slant as I’m not too familiar with Unix.

I have talked with a few people over in the UK, who where computer science students and had a classin openGL programming… but just the basic’s.

I think that what you learn of openGL in a SGI course will be easly translated over to programming in windows. Since the basic openGL frame work is the same on ether system.

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 07-17-2003).]

Don’t take this the wrong way but if I had GBP1500 to spare and a solid interest in learning OpenGL I would invest that money with the future in mind. I’m sure SGI has created an outstanding course, but learning beginner material at those prices is beyond me.

Whatever you choose, this is a small list if items you might want to get:
-A gfx card with solid ogl drivers
-Red Book,Blue Book,more general gfx programming book,Linear-Algebra math book
-Tutorials from web or cd(support nehe
-Simple modeling program with decent export features
-3D file format conversion/viewing tool
-Image editor for creating/editing textures

And, maybe most important, a good internet connection so you can search forums/newsgroups/dev sites for answers to all the problems you’ll run into.

Thanks for your thoughts. I can probably teach myself, but the company have a training budget they want to use up! (They get brownie points for IIP)

Another thing that would also be helpful if they offer a class on computer graphics, this would help you with some of the idea’s behind how 3D graphics work.

Also taking some advance math class, would also not be a bad idea.

Originally posted by Wiggers:
Thanks for your thoughts. I can probably teach myself, but the company have a training budget they want to use up! (They get brownie points for IIP)